Field Manager: Livestock Program
Industry: Admin, Office & Support
Employment Type: Permanent
Based at the program's field office in Bulawayo and reporting to the Zim-AIED Program Manager (Livestock), the Field Manager officer will undertake frequent travel to the field sites in Matabeleland South, Matabeleland North and parts of Midlands. The Field Manager will provide leadership and technical guidance on livestock activities to the Zim-AIED team and ensures that all activities under his/her direction contribute to the Program's goals and objectives. In addition to the specific tasks stated below, he/she is expected to contribute fully as a Program Team Member, conducting him/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the Program, and is responsible for the safe keeping and care of Program assets assigned to him/her.
- Participating in the design and implementation of field-based technical assistance, trainings, and other activities as per the Zim-AIED Annual Work Plan.
- Making regular technical assistance visits to clients, providing recommendations and monitoring progress.
- Entering brief updates of client visits, trainings and other activities into the Program's Monitoring and Evaluation system on a weekly basis, and working with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to contribute to the monitoring and evaluation process as required.
- Recommending clients for Partner Fund assistance. Working with clients in implementing awards to ensure that anticipated results are achieved. Reviewing progress of awards and compliance with Zim-AIED agreements, supervising Partner employees on Zim-AIED payroll, and ensuring that all grant documentation and reporting is carried out as required.
- Facilitating the visits of short-term consultants and assisting them to successfully carry out their assignments.
- Working with the Business and Finance Unit to facilitate Business Development Services and training activities.
- Developing, translating and presenting technical and promotional materials (E.g Technical Manuals/Guidelines/Notes) as required for client training courses, workshop presentations, etc.
- Collaborating with government agencies, universities, research agencies, relevant donor programs, and other partners as appropriate to facilitate the program's objectives.
- Providing data and materials for program reports, including Weekly Program Highlights, Monthly Updates, Quarterly
- and Annual Reports and "Snapshots" (success stories).
- Fluency in Ndebele is a requirement
- Familiarity or past experiences in Matabeleland will be a plus.
- Setting and achieving specific targets in cooperation with the Program Manager.
- Representing Zim-AIED at official meetings
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager.
Professional job requirements:
- Degree in Agriculture with an Animal Science background or related fields.
- A clean Class Four Driver's license is required.
- A Masters in Animal Science will be an added advantage.
- Should be willing to be based in Bulawayo.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in similar responsibilities.
- Demonstrated management roles will be an advantage.
How to apply:
Apply to the Recruitment Coordinator at ZimRecruit [at] fintrac.com.
Applications should include:
1. Motivation letter describing your interest;
2. Curriculum Vitae; and
3. Names, telephone, and e-mail contacts of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 12 October, 2012.
Please Register to apply online.