Development Program Specialist
Industry: Non Profit( NGO / Inter-Governmental)
Employment Type: Permanent
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/Zimbabwe is seeking applications from qualified persons to fill the position of Development Program Specialist who performs a program officer function. S/he provides expert advice in all aspects of program operations and has a full range of consultative, advisory, program performance, and information gathering of a broad scope and complexity. S/he serves as a main liaison person with senior government officials in the Ministry of Finance and with other donor officials and nongovernmental entities as needed on budget and programmatic issues including influencing program policy by virtue of being an expert in host country affairs and in the field of development assistance. The incumbent is expected to establish effective working relationships with the highest level USAID, Government of Zimbabwe, nongovernmental, and other donor officials, The incumbent is also called upon occasionally and on a delegated basis to represent Program Team Leader in program operations matters.
Basic Position Qualifications:
Education (20 points): A Bachelors degree in political science, economics, development studies, law, management or other related area.
Experience (30 points): A minimum of 5 years' experience working in design, implementation, and administration of private and/or public sector development programs. Senior level mafnagement experience within an international development organization is highly desired.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: (50 points)
- Representation: The incumbent must be able to develop and maintain contacts with various stakeholders.
- Resource management: The incumbent must be able to effectively identify, mobilize, and draw upon the expertise of technical and managerial personnel in the mission. In addition, incumbent will be responsible for designing and managing contracts to provide development services such as evaluations, technical support in a variety of different areas, and special topic studies and assessments.
- Analysis and Reporting: Ability to conduct data analysis and research using the latest information technologies, along with possessing a basic facility with using standard office software for managing databases is required.
- Public presentation skills: Incumbent must be comfortable with preparing and delivering public presentations to internal and external audiences. Teamwork and leadership: The incumbent should have the ability to both lead and participate as a member of a team. Both as a team leader and member, be able to motivate others to accomplish mission goals. S/he will also be expected to plan and work independently on multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
Scoring of the knowledge, skills and abilities criteria will be done through initial paper review, and finalized after the oral interview and/or written exercise.
Applicants who fail to follow all the application requirements will not be shortlisted.Interested applicants must address all the above qualifications in their application. An application should be addressed to the Human Resources Office and include:
1. An application letter, detailing how the applicant meets the above minimum qualifications. Please type in the letter your response to each item,
e.g. Education, and state how you meet the requirement. Failure to do this will result in you not being shortlisted. Your letter must address each of the qualifications listed above.
2. A current resume relevant to the position (preferably no more than 2 pages) (Relevant documentation supporting the minimum requirements listed above should be available upon request, if called for an interview, but do not have to be attached to the application.
After an initial application screening, the best qualified applicants will be invited to a testing process, which may include an oral interview and a written exercise. The written exercise may consist of a timed session, where the candidate will workon the computer and answer a specific question, using either word or excel or both. The final phase of the selection process is the probationary period of one year. Medical and security clearances are also required before employment can begin. Please note: only short listed candidates will be contacted with the results of the final selection. Due to the number of applicants, if you do not hear from us by May 31, 2012, you were not short listed.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION:
1. Both email and hand delivered applications are accepted. Please submit email applications via email to: zimrecruit[at]usaid.gov (Please note: Applications should not be Vmofe than 1mb in size if emailed.)
2. Please indicate Reference: 12-12 Development Program Specialist in the subject line of the application email and in the subject line of your application letter.
3. Hand delivered applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Office and submitted to 1 Pascoe Avenue, Belgravia, Harare, no later than the due date.
Closing Date: May 2, 2012
Please Register to apply online.