|Jobs at Universities|
VICE CHANCELLORS POST
The Board of the Harare Institute of Technology (HIT) invites applicants for the position of Vice Chancellor. The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the Institute in terms of the HIT Act [Chapter 25:26) Section 8. He/She is responsible for initiating, recommending and monitoring policies, systems and procedures dealing with all academic, research & development and administrative issues of the Institute.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- A high academic pedigree and profile with adequate knowledge of the higher education sector.
- Evidence of appreciation of a technology institution.
- Ability to provide strategic and executive leadership in the attainment of the Institute goals.
- Unquestionable integrity with proven executive level managerial and administrative skills.
- Strategic level thinking skills and involvement in institutional development, research promotions and commercialization of intellectual property.
- Appreciation and understanding of university finances, budgeting and human resource development.
- Ability to network at executive level with the private and public sectors; nationally, regionally and internationally.
- Dynamic, proactive and positive approach to Issues with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate financial support from both private and public sectors.
- Visionary leadership capable of interpreting and implementing the Institute Mandate within the broader context of the national agenda.
- Demonstrated ability to meet challenges of a growing institution within a complex micro-economic environment.
- Ability to grasp and Implement the TVET and CBET concepts within a university setup.
- Ability to foster harmonious working relationships between and among various university constituencies; the government, students, staff and the public.
- Innovative abilities to initiate, develop and maintain strategies in Entrepreneurship, Information Technology, Financial Management and Human Capital Development, that will propel the University to higher levels.
- Ability to match the Institute's Research & Development (R&D) outputs to the needs of agriculture, mining, commerce and industry.
- An appropriate technological postgraduate qualification.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in university education.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant. The successful candidate will be appointed on a five (5) year renewable contract. Further details of the post, including salary and benefits will be available to short listed candidates only.
Six (6) copies of the following: Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names of at least three (3) referees should be addressed to:
The Assistant Registrar - Human Resources
Harare Institute of Technology
P .0 Box BE 277
Applications must be received no later than 6 March 2014, The Envelop should be clearly marked:
"Vice Chancellor's Post: Harare Institute of Technology"