Industry: Non Profit( NGO / Inter-Governmental)
Employment Type: Permanent
- Identifying and soliciting for funding opportunities within the donor community (such as UN agencies, WFP, USAID, DFJD, EC) and WV Support Offices, etc
- Designing program proposals, log frames, implementation frameworks and assisting Finance with budgeting that is in line with donor and other Support Offices requirements
- Establishing and maintaining networking partnerships with other NGOs and stakeholders
- Conducting field visits, for the purposes of assessing if and ensuring that programs are managed in accordance with internal procedures and Humanitarian Accountability Principles (HAP) as well as in a manner that will promote good practice and maximise program Impact
- Ensuring good relationships with donor community and international Support Offices through ensuring that the organisation meets all contractual obligations and achieves high quality planning and implementation levels
- Liaise with the M&E team and knowledge centre in conducting monitoring and evaluation, research and documentation
- Developing monthly, quarterly progress and annual program reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A degree in Social Sciences, Communication or related qualifications
- In-depth knowledge and skill in project design and proposal writing
- At least three years' experience working in an NGO sector
- Strong writing and research skills
- Good understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, AusAid, DFlD, ECHO, WFP,etc
- Good understanding Humanitarian Standards such as Sphere relief standards, Humanitarian Accountability Standards, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should submit their applications and detailed CVs to:
Email: hrd_zimbabwe [at] wvi.org
The People and Culture Manager
59b Joseph Road
P.O. Box 2420
Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.
Closing date: 28th February, 2013
Please Register to apply online.