Chief Executive Officer
Employment Type: Permanent
Key Result Areas:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in the management of the Company's mining rights in South Africa.
- Formulate new policies and make recommendations of same to the Board.
- Direct the exploitation of the Company's mineral resources in order to maximise the Shareholders' investments returns.
- Provide strategic direction in the protection of Company's mineral rights and identification of new areas of potential business interest.
- Network with the South African Ministry of Minerals and Energy to ensure strict adherence by the Company to the country's mineral rules, regulations and policies.
- Drive the Company's business growth and ensure its sustainability.
- Identify and introduce strategic investors, partners and operations, in the exploitation of the Company's mineral rights to the best value of the Shareholders.
- Ensure that the Company's mission, programmes, products and services are consistently presented in a strong and positive image to all relevant stakeholders.
The successful person will be a seasoned Manager with demonstrable success in the mining field and should possess:
- A minimum of MSC Degree in Mineral Exploration and/or Economic Geology or the equivalent. Acquired subjects at MSC to include computer related modules and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- An MBA or MBL will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of ten years work in exploration and mining geology with five of these in an executive management position.
- Outstanding conceptual and research skills coupled with extensive knowledge of various mineral deposit types.
In return PAMDC is prepared to offer a competitive remuneration package to the right person which would be revealed to short-listed candidates.
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV should be emailed to:
Email: mmatanhire [at] nrz.co.zw
The Joint Company Secretary Emerged Railways Properties (Pvt) ltd
P.O. Box 596
Closing date: 28 February 2013
Please Register to apply online.