Senior Science Laboratory Technician (GIS and Remote Sensing)
Employment Type: Permanent
She/he will be responsible for looking after the following:
- Geotechnology laboratories and Geotechnology Computer networks,
- Production and updating of maps for teaching,
- Research and publication,
- Preparation of student practicals, fieldwork, safety and security of the equipment.
- Possession of a Clean Class 4 Driver's Licence is an added advantage.
Applicants must be multi-skilled, with a minimum of a first degree (Upper Second Division) with specialization in all or at least one ofthe following areas:
- Geotechnology (GIS and Remote Sensing,
- Surveying, computerized cartography),
- Computer hardware and software maintenance, computer networking.
A qualification and/or experience in computer programming will be a distinct advantage.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, ID, Birth Certificate, CVs, giving full personal details which include full names, date of birth, and six copies of academic and professional qualifications for each set of application all certified. Applicants must give information on experience, and date of availability, telephone numbers, names and addresses of three referees. Applications should be hand delivered to Office No. 123. Administration Building at the University of Zimbabwe or posted to:
Email: uz [at] zimbabwehumancapital.org
The Senior Assistant Registrar - Technical and Clerical Staff Human Resources Department
University of Zimbabwe
P.O. Box MP 167
Closing date: 22nd February, 2013.
Please Register to apply online.