Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/ Professor
Employment Type: Permanent
Please note that the duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor and Professor are grouped into 3 main categories which are:
- Teaching - the incumbent is expected to teach or deliver lectures in accordance to the Department and or Faculty guidelines and standards.
- University Service - the incumbent should participate in all Department, Faculty and University activities such as attending meetings, training workshops, conferences and seminars, among others.
- Research - the incumbent is expected to engage in active research in his/her area of specialization which benefits both the students and the University through publications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lecturing/ teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Supervise students' dissertations.
- Be able to teach Research Methods and Statistics.
- Have experience in teaching at secondary schools and tertiary institutions.
- At least a 2.1 Honours Degree in African languages and History
- Masters Degree specialising in the teaching of African Languages and History
- A doctorate is an added advantage
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer; In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Six copies of applications, giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and copies of certified certificates and transcripts, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
Email: msu [at] zimbabwehumancapital.org
Assistant Registrar, Human Resource Midlands State University
P. Bag 9055
Closing date: 1 March, 2013.
Please Register to apply online.