Assistant Librarian (Reader Services)
Employment Type: Permanent
General responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for all phases of operation ofthe Reader Services Section .
- Prepare documentation, budget recommendations and other reports as needed .
- Act as liaison for the Division to co-ordinate joint projects with other library sections.
- Work with faculties to develop appropriate ways to infuse information literacy across the curriculum.
- Assess and evaluate information literacy initiatives.
- Design innovative multimedia and web-based instructional materials.
Qualifications and Experience:
- SSc in Library and Information Sciences
- Any First Degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Library and Information Science
- Two years' experience in an academic library setting.
- Knowledge of Machine Readable Cataloging records (MARC) used in cataloging and basic familiarity with library cataloging standards such as Anglo- American Cataloguing rules
- Knowledqe of automated library and information systems and current technological developments .
- Knowledge of current practices, new technologies, and trends in bibliographic control is expected.
Interested candidates should submit six copies of applications together with professional and academic qualifications to:
Email: wua [at] zimbabwehumancapital.org
Deputy Registrar (HR and Admin) Women's University in Africa
No. 188 Sam Nujoma Road Avondale
P.O. Box MP1222
Closing date: 25 February, 2013.
Please Register to apply online.