Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting To: Retail Director
Purpose Of The Job
- To optimise the profitability of Retail, through effective and efficient management of a specific portfolio of The Employer's service stations. To maximise the profit opportunity of our Retail sites through managing site fuel and lubricant sales, rentals, and maintaining service station standards in terms of HSES, site appearance and customer service.
- To execute performance deliverables i.e. Stock control, cash flow optimisation, credit control and value enhancement through rental income, shop fees and shop income.
- Ensures maximum profitability..selling, sales promotions and coordination of all The Employer's service stations: fuel, lubricants, shops and other value added offers.
- Enforce adherence. to The Employer's visual, operating and customer service standards to help maintain the brand.
- Provides a professional advisory service to Dealers and responds & deals with the queries in a professional manner.
- Ensures compliance with HSES requirements and policy by example by implementing control systems, creating awareness and communicating standards to dealers.
- Improving cash flow by control of customer credit and timeous collection of Rentals and site fees.
- Maximises benefits from promotions and sponsorships within the area.
- Ensures timeous renewal of all agreements and that The Employer's asset verification is carried out.
- Visits each dealer at least once a month and arranges quarterly territory meetings with Dealers to benefit the business.
- Trade area analysis, market intelligence and optimisation of competitive advantage.
- Compiles annual business plan for each site in conjunction with the Dealers and manages them
- Keep site files up to date and ensures that competition information is collected and reported
- Management of leases and agreements.
- In conjunction with Retail Training Manager is responsible for the implementation of Training lessons at site level, with Dealers and site staff.
Job Context And Content
- Be ready to travel and work beyond normal working hours when and if necessary
- Close liaison with all parties associated with Sales, especially with the Retail Director, Retail Training- Manager, Sales Analyst, Distribution Controller and Credit Controller.
- Marketing / Sales degree is desirable.
- 2 - 3 years previous sales/marketing experience is imperative and convenience retailing skills are desirable, coupled with proven track record in driving service station performance.
Knowledge And Skills
- Retail operational management.
- Customer profitability analysis.
- Marketing communications.
- Customer responsiveness
- Performance management
- Understanding business
- Negotiating skills Problem solving Computer skills
- Effective communicator
- Open thinking
- Bias for action
- Communication skills
- Personal impact and influence
- Managing time and pressure
Interested candidates should forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae with a cover note to The People In Culture REF GT 2812, 135 enterprise Road, Highlands, Harare, or P.O Box CY 2619
Email : humanresources [at] zw.gt.com