Date Posted: Friday, 21 December 2012
Employment Type: Permanent
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Scope and Outline:
- The Quantity Surveyor reports to the Engineering Manager and has no staff compliment.
- The QS's role provides accounting services to The Employer's Construction Projects.
- He makes sure that all projects are completed in a way that maximises value to the organisation and giving assurance on Engineering functionality and integrity, from tendering stage to completion.
Job Specification: (Key Boles and Responsibilities)
- Is the Accounting Officer for The Employer's Construction Projects responsible for tendering, contractor selection, managing the project and measurement of construction works carried out by The Employer and other minor works as required.
- Manage project delivery, plant and facility maintenance within budget contributing to the bottom line by consistently delivery sustainable savings.
- Generates Bills of Quantities for construction projects making sure that engineering field operations and activities comply with HSES policies and standards.
- He is directly responsible for Projects Measurements, Costing, Organizing Project meetings and generating reports for Management.
- Work with project contractors and consultants.
- Promote actions and decisions that prevent accidents, harm to people and damage to the environment by being exemplary as well as making use of lessons learned from HSES incidents and events. This extends to all contractors.
- Check all certificates raised by contractors and ensures they are correct and accurate before passing them on for payments.
- Work closely with Head Office Engineering team in formulating standards and assurance levels as well as their implementation.
- Create an environment in which all staff can develop to their full potential by providing leadership and coaching in staff training, development and recruitment that is in line with the company's Employment Equity policy.
- Ensure that all contractors engaged by
- The Employer conform to the HSES rules and regulations as well as operating in conformance to legislation.
- A Degree in Quantity Survey from a recognized University supported by a professional business qualification at minimum Diploma level.
- A Clean Class 4 driver's licence
- At least three years postgraduate experience.
- Performance improvement.
- Leading People and influencing others.
- Business Awareness.
- Partnership and Teamwork.
- Innovation and wise decision-making,
- Stock management principles and processes.
- Project Management.
- Have experience on construction of fuel stations
Jobholder Major Accountabilities
- Acquisition and disposal of assets within policy.
- Optimising infrastructure usage within broader policy framework.
Interested candidates should forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae with a cover note to The People In Culture REF GT 2812, 135 enterprise Road, Highlands, Harare, or P.O Box CY 2619
Email : humanresources [at] zw.gt.com