Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting To: Depot Manager
Job Scope and Outline:
- The Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and has a staff compliment of 4 people.
- The Engineer's role provides engineering services to The Employer's Construction Projects.
- He makes sure that all engineering projects are completed in a way that maximises value to the organisation and giving assurance on Engineering functionality and integrity
Job Specification: (Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage equipment availability for Commercial, Retail, Logistics and LPG customers through breakdown repair maintenance within agreed response times and planned preventative maintenance within agreed time schedules.
- Manage project delivery, plant and facility maintenance within budget contributing to the bottom line by consistently delivery sustainable savings.
- Implementation of project management for all buildings, plant and equipment and making sure that engineering field operations and activities comply with HSES policies and standards.
- Actively promote the identification and dissemination of engineering best practices as well as identification and exploitation of technology advancement that ensures that The Employer retains its strategic advantage.
- Manage and collaborate with service providers, relationship and partnership building.
- Promote actions and decisions that prevent accidents, harm to people and damage to the environment by being exemplary as well as making use of lessons learned from HSES incidents and events. This extends to all contractors.
- Training of staff, contractors, distributors and dealers on systems, processes and equipment characteristics with regards to operations.
- Work closely with Head Office Engineering team in formulating standards and assurance levels as well as their implementation.
- Create an environment in which all staff can develop to their full potential by providing leadership and coaching in staff training, development and recruitment that is in line with the company's Employment Equity policy.
- Ensure that all contractors engaged by The Employer conform to the HSES rules and regulations as well as operating in conformance to legislation.
- An Engineering Degree from a recognised University supported by a professional business qualification at minimum Diploma " level.
- A Clean Class 4 driver's licence
- At least five years postgraduate experience two of which must be at managerial level.
- Performance improvement.
- Leading People and influencing others.
- Business Awareness.
- Partnership and Teamwork.
- Innovation and wise decision-making.
- Stock management principles and processes.
- Project Management.
Job Holder Major Accountabilities
- Acquisition and disposal of assets within policy,
- Optimising infrastructure usage within broader policy framework.
Interested candidates should forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae with a cover note to The People In Culture REF GT 2812, 135 enterprise Road, Highlands, Harare, or P.O Box CY 2619
Email : humanresources [at] zw.gt.com
Submissions must be posted by the 24th of December 2012.
Please Register to apply online.