Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting To: Retail Manager
Purpose of The Job
- The Depot Manager manages day-to-day depot operations in terms of implementing set processes, procedures and standards.
- Ensures the integrity of stock information.
- Resolves discrepancies in stock transactions.
- Source of stock information and collates all reports related to stock movements and positions in the depot
- Manage and control the operation of the Depot, including receipt, storage, handling and distribution of bulk products in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Provide assurance on stock processes and stock data integrity making sure that all stock is properly accounted for and that all process loopholes are identified and closed.
- Implementation and reinforcement of all Fire, Health, Safety, Environment and Security systems and Regulations as per depot procedure manuals.
- Ensure that the Depot operations meet all Company Audit and Legal requirements.
- Ensure proper control and security of all contractors.
- Do random spot checks including doing Task Observations
- Monitor and control financial and operational performance against targets, providing the required management information.
- Coach, counsel and mentor team members regarding career development, succession plans and performance reviews.
- Promote actions and decisions that prevent accidents, harm to people and damage to the environment by being exemplary as well as making use of lessons learned from HSES incidents and events.
Job Context and Content
- Must be resident at the depot and occasionally travel on business and must be prepared to work beyond normal working hours when and if necessary
- Close liaison with all parties associated with Sales, Logistics, Finance.
- At least five years postgraduate experience two of which must be at managerial level.
- A minimum of two years hands-on management of a logistics operation and contractors.
- At least five years postgraduate experience two of which must be at supervision level.
- A minimum of three years hands-on management of depot operations.
- Performance improvement.
- Leading People and influencing' others.
- Business Awareness.
- Partnership and Teamwork.
- Innovation and.
- wise decision-making.
- Stock management principles and processes.
- Fuels Distribution operations.
- Standards and legislation.
- Customer Relationship Management.
Interested candidates should forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae with a cover note to The People In Culture REF GT 2812, 135 enterprise Road, Highlands, Harare, or P.O Box CY 2619
Email : humanresources [at] zw.gt.com