Employment Type: Permanent
Duties and Key Responsibilities
The Rector is the Chief executive of the University and Shall
- Have full accountability for the academic leadership, management and administration of the University within the strategic and policy framework established by Council, Charter and the Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops Conference;
- Ensure continuing development of the University's vision and mission, planning issues and quality assurance activities;
- Ensure that Council is briefed and advised in an appropriate and timely fashion, particularly on education, faculty and campus affairs;
- Undertake and co-ordinate major projects and growth of the University;
- Supervise the activities of the Deputy Rectors, academic and non academic managers in developing and implementing University goals and priorities in their areas;
- Accelerate the University's research capacity, output and funding to grow income from applied research and other forms of business engagement;
- Enhance student learning outcomes, employability and all aspects of student experience;
- Promote the University externally through the development of meaningful partnerships and collaboration with employers, the community and other key stakeholders across a wide range of sectors.
- At least an earned doctorate or equivalent qualification and experience within Universities shall be required ii. The post requires a focused person, Christian, serious academic, strategist and planner.
- The candidate must be above40years of age.
- A competitive remuneration package
- Contributory pension and medical aid schemes
- Attractive leave conditions
Six hard copies of applications giving full personal and identification particulars, present salary, contact details, names and addresses of three referees and six certified copies of qualifications and certificates should be addressed to:
Office of the Secretary General Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops Conference Africa Synod House
Email : catholicuni [at] gmail.com
Appointment should take effect on 1st February, 2013.
Closing date: by not later than 23rd December, 2012.
Please Register to apply online.