Deputy Bursar - Finance and Administration (1 Post)
Employment Type: Permanent
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of Deputy Bursar - Finance and Administration at the University of Science and Technology.
- Candidates should hold, in the first instance, an Accounting Degree and should, in addition be a Chartered Accountant or hold an MBA (Finance and Accounting) or MSc in Accounting or equivalent in a business related discipline .
- Candidates should have a sound knowledge of standard accounting principles and practices, strategic planning, budgeting and budgetary control, a working knowledge of computerised accounting systems and income tax laws. Candidates should have functioned at senior managerial level in either the public or commercial sector.
Duties and responsibilities:
The post involves, among other things, assisting the Bursar in the performance of his functions, including, but not limited to:
- Management and Administration of Finance and Investments .:. Administration of Salaries and benefits
- Investments and Cash Flow Management .) Branch Human Resources Management
- Research and Post Graduate Office Management
- Preparation and monitoring of departmental budgets and financial performance plans .
- Supervision and management of staff
- Acting as Bursar in the absence of the Bursar
Terms and conditions of service:
Appointment to the post of Deputy Bursar (Finance and Administration) will be on a five (5) year renewable contract, based on performance of the incumbent
Details on the salary, allowances, leave conditions, medical aid scheme, pension scheme and other benefits attached to the position will be disclosed to the applicants that will be shortlisted.
Six (6) copies of applications, curriculum vitae detailing personal particulars that should include the full name, date and place of birth, experience, current salary, date of availability, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, and six copies of qualifications should be sent to:
National University of Science and Technology
Email : nust [at] zimbabwehumancapital.org