Deputy Registrar Academic Affairs Post
Employment Type: Permanent
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of Deputy Registrar - Academic Affairs - at the National University of Science and Technology.
- Candidates should hold, in the first instance, any First Degree and a Masters Degree, preferably in the area of administration.
- Further, candidates should have at least six (6) years' administrative and managerial experience in an educational environment, at senior level.
- Knowledge of university's systems of operation and computer literacy are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will report directly to the Registrar and will assist the Registrar in the academic administration of the University. The post involves, but is not limited to, the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the Academic Registry, including: Admissions, Examinations, Registration, Student Records, Certification and Graduation.
- Liaising with faculties, Teaching Departments and other appropriate departments and sections of the University, as well as with related organisations outside the University.
- Handling enquiries and queries of an academic nature.
- Servicing various appropriate committees and working parties, as well as being in attendance at appropriate committees.
- Undertaking specific adhoc tasks delegated to him/her by the Registrar, Pro-Vice Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor.
- Managing the conducting of the Student Representative Council elections. )0> Acting in the position of the Registrar in his absence.
Terms and conditions of service
Appointment to the post of Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs) will be on a five (5) year renewable contract, based on the performance of the incumbent.
Details on the salary, allowances, leave conditions, medical aid scheme, pension scheme and other benefits attached to the position will be disclosed to the applicants that will be shortlisted.
Six (6) copies of applications, curriculum vitae detailing personal particulars that should include the full name, date and place of birth, experience, current salary, date of availability, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees, and six copies of qualifications Should be sent to:
Email : nust [at] zimbabwehumancapital.org